So you are thinking of migrating your existing software to a newer software.
You should talk to your new vendor to see how much of existing data can be transferred to the new EMR. Your new software should be able to capture all or part of existing –
- Patient Details (Name, Address, Phone number)
- One or more visits for Patient
- Existing Drug Database
- Prescription for each Visit
- Investigations recommended in each visit along with investigation reports for those investigations
- Procedures done on Patient
Steps in Migration
- Provide Existing Sample Data: You would have to provide sample data from your existing software so that the import to new software can be verified. Existing sample data can be in a XML or CSV format
- Developing Migration Software: Based on your existing sample data, a migration software can be developed. You may be charged by your new vendor for this activity.
- Migration Verification: Once the migration of sample data completes, you should be able to see old data in the form of new software. Make sure the data provided matches exactly with what was provided. For e.g: Patient details (Name, Date of birth etc) should be exactly the same in the new software. Visit Dates, Prescriptions for visits should match. Consider matching random details for patient by comparing existing and new software. If you find a mismatch, ask the vendor to correct it. If it cannot be corrected, get satisfactory explanation on why it cannot be corrected. Understand the risk of not having certain items transferred to the new software.
Once you are fully satisfied that the data can be successfully migrated, let go of your old software. Till then, you can keep using it if data is important to you.
Post Migration Support
Check if the team helping you with migration is capable of providing you post migration support. This is important as you may hit an unforeseen issue as a result of migration activity. In such situation, you need a helping hand with you.
In the end, you don’t want to pay for migration services only to discover few months down the line that the migration did not happen properly and shows wrong data for your patients.
You can consider getting data from your existing software to MyOPD. Get in touch with us to find more about how this can be done.
So what are you waiting for? Start you free trial on MyOPD by signing up HERE
About MyOPD: MyOPD is a Software for Doctors in India. You are always welcome to see ifMyOPD satisfies your requirement. You can download the software directly from http://www.myopd.in/product-pricing.php and try it out. Drop a mail to [email protected]and we will be happy to help.