Our team members when on their visit to the town of Mahad decided to meet up with one of our esteemed client Dr. Himmatrao Bawaskar. We had the privilege of meeting Dr. Bawaskar and Dr. Mrs. Bawaskar where they showed us around their humble Healthcare and Research center.
Here are 5 things you should know about Dr. Bawaskar:
- Documentation: Dr. Bawaskar has a very process oriented approach to doing things. He maintains and documents his cases which help him in his research. He has done this right from the very beginning of his practice.
- Research: Having done his documentation, he doesn’t leave those documents to be forgotten. In fact, they feed him into his research which helps him to devise new approaches and methodology. After all, he has devised a method to treat scorpion bite after thoroughly analyzing why the earlier treatments were not working. He has multiple publications under his belt and has also published in the revered journal for medical practice – The Lancet. He also his chapters in the API Book of medicine which he showed us.
- Patient Education: His patients for snake and scorpion bites are tribals and rurals. Giving the right anti-venom is the key depending on the type of the bite. He has prepared various models of snakes – Cobra, Viper, Krait which he shows to his patients / their relatives to help them identify the one who has bit.
- Trophies & Library: An entire floor at his Hospital is filled with Trophies he has earned and the Reference Books. There are tons of Feedbacks and Thank You letters from his patients. What amazed us is he has not kept any trophy in his consultation room. According to Dr. Bawaskar, if his patients see those many trophies, the patients may get overwhelmed and Dr. Bawaskar the person may eclipse Dr. Bawaskar the Doctor. When in consultation room, the patients are there to meet Dr. Bawaskar the Doctor. Such thinking is rare these days.
- Staying Simple: His told us point blank – It is hard to stay simple. Try if you can.
We bow down to such a personality who has improved healthcare through research. Dr. Bawaskar has shown that research can be done in a rural setup as well.
You can also read more about Dr. Bawaskar on PubMed at:
Dr. Bawaskar Practices in the town of Mahad of Raigad District – Maharashtra, India.
The contact of Dr. Bawaskar Hospital and Research Center is:
Dr. Bawaskar Hospital and Research Center,
Savitri Marg, Prabhat Colony,
Opp. Hotel Saitej,
Mahad, District Raigad, Maharashtra – 402301
View on Google Maps