Many times, patients demand a Hospital Bill in the middle of treatment to get an idea of the expense on the treatment till that time. Such a bill given by Hospital is known as Provisional Hospital Bill.
Reasons to give a Provisional Hospital Bill
- Patient’s demand: The patients can demand a Provisional Hospital Bill midway during the stay to understand the charges incurred so far on the treatment.
- Transparency in Billing: Giving a provisional bill when required by the patient brings about a transparency in the Hospital operations. Patients know exactly what they are being charged for on a day to day basis.
- Hospital billing process: Certain Hospital follow billing process where they present the patients with a Provisional Bill everyday to proactively give patients an idea of the treatments done till date.
How does a Provisional Bill Look?
Provisional Hospital Bill looks very similar to a Final Hospital Bill. However, there are some important points to be noted.
- Provisional Hospital Bill has a heading as Provisional Bill clearly mentioning that this Bill is a temporary bill and not Final.
- Most of the times the patient is still admitted. So Discharge Date is not available on the bill.
- Items in Provisional Bill are temporary and Subject to change based on revision by Hospital if required. The Hospital Staff can print a sample bill and get it reviewed from seniors before making it final.
Provisional Hospital Bill is an important document that a Hospital can offer to their patients as required. Having a software that allows Hospitals to print a Provisional Bill is certainly required by Hospitals. MyOPD Hospital Software allows Hospitals to print a Provisional Hospital Bill.
About MyOPD: MyOPD is a Software for Doctors. Start your FREE Trial today! You can download the software directly from http://www.myopd.in/ or Google Playstore at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.myopd.android. Drop a mail to [email protected] and we will be happy to help.